Pepco Rebates, BGE Rebates, & Tax Credits
Maryland – Pepco Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program
Energy Efficiency Experts is a Pepco and BGE partner in the Home Performance with Energy Star Program in Maryland. This program includes:
- A comprehensive home energy audit at the subsidized rate of $100; Pepco pays the remaining 75%
- Simple measures installed at the time of the audit, such as free energy-saving light bulbs
- A detailed report on the improvements unique to your home that will save energy, reduce utility bills, and increase comfort
- Access to rebates of 50% or up to $2,000 from Pepco for home improvements
Maryland – Transforming Neighborhoods Initiative (TNI)
Energy Efficiency Experts partners with the Transforming Neighborhoods Initiative in Prince George’s County for community outreach and consumer education. Grants are available to homeowners in coordination with EmPOWER Maryland.
- Incentive benefits awarded may cover additional costs above the Pepco rebate plan for TNI designated neighborhoods
- Targeting cross-governmental resources to Prince George’s County neighborhoods
- TNI improves service delivery and quality of life throughout the county for all residents
District of Columbia – Sustainable Energy Utility (DCSEU)
The District of Columbia Sustainable Energy Utility (DCSEU) helps District residents, businesses, and institutions save energy and money through energy efficiency and renewable energy programs. Led by the Sustainable Energy Partnership and under contract to the District Department of the Environment, the DCSEU is committed to environmental preservation, community engagement, and economic development.
Federal – Tax Credits
The federal government offers varying tax credits for the purchase of energy efficient appliances and upgrades.
At Energy Efficiency Experts, our auditors will evaluate your appliances and infrastructure. If you are looking to make an upgrade that qualifies for a federal tax credit, we can show you where to get the most bang for your buck.